As you know, October is Breast Cancer Awareness month. This is the month when pink pops up more than usual and people are inspired to give back by raising money for the cause. We thought we would share our ideas on how you can get involved when planning your wedding or special event.
- Brides Against Breast Cancer is an organization that allows women to donate or buy their wedding dress with the funds going to support breast cancer research.
- You can take the flowers from your wedding or event and donate them to a hospital that can put them in the rooms of cancer patients.
- You can add the Breast Cancer Awareness donation website to your registry so guests can donate.
- I Do Foundation allows you to create a Charity registry or order place cards with proceeds going to Breast Cancer Awareness.
- If you know of someone coming to your wedding who can knit or crochet, ask them to make hats, scarves, or blankets for cancer patients in lieu of gifts.
- If you need a sweet treat for guests at your event, contact Magnolia Bakery located in NYC! They are committed to giving back and have partnered with the Breast Cancer Research Foundation. Let them know that you want your order to support Breast Cancer Awareness.
Bonus! Karen Brown New York gives back 5% of the client’s planning fee to the charity of your choice when you plan an event with us!!
Let’s make October 2015 a great month for Breast Cancer Awareness!