The start of Fall means football season has officially begun! Many people love heading out on a crisp day to cheer on their favorite team but what do you do when you want a fun day at home watching the game from the comfort of your sofa? Well, we’d love to share some of our ideas for throwing a game day party!
- Make sure you have enough seating! If you plan to have a large number of people, move back the furniture and set up big comfortable pillows around the room so people can be comfortable if they choose to sit on the floor.
- Decorate with the colors of the team you’re rooting for! This is a great time to bring out all of your fan items.
- Head to a party store and pick up football themed cups and plates to serve your refreshments. Also pick up some other fun favors like noisemakers and foam fingers!
- Food is always something you can get creative with when you’re planning a football party! Here are some ideas for popular, crowd pleasing football dishes and snacks:
- Wings are always a great go-to choice
- Chili is a great dish to serve on a chilly Fall day, especially if you have lots of people over – anything you can cook in a crockpot is a great choice!
- Chips and dip are a classic! If you have vegan guests, be sure to set out some guacamole or vegan ranch dip. You can also set out veggies for a healthier option.
- Potato skins are also a popular dish to serve -– be sure to make some with and without bacon for vegetarian guests!
- People love to snack throughout the game, so be sure to have finger foods on hand like pigs in a blanket, deviled eggs or jalapeño poppers.
- AND! Don’t forget the dessert!!
- A fun idea for serving beverages is to decorate coolers with the team colors and mascot! It’s also an activity that you can get guests involved with during halftime.
- One last tip, make sure you have a football or two lying around in case people decide to go outside to throw the ball around during halftime or after the game!
Be sure to check out our Pinterest board for more ideas!
We hope you enjoy football season and try out some of our tips for hosting a great football party! Send us photos if you try any of our ideas @KarenBrownNY on Twitter and Instagram.