Celebrate a long weekend with friends; the more the merrier! This holiday is about celebrating freedom and what better way to do so than with friends?!
It’s summer, it’s hot, and this year the 4th of July falls on a long weekend. You still have time to host a last minute celebration!
Start with the decorations to set the tone for your party. It doesn’t have to be fancy; get creative!
- Add red white and blue accents to a wine or champagne bottle
- Red and white flowers with a blue ribbon make for the perfect center piece
You want to enjoy the celebration as much as your guests. Don’t make it too complicated; have a cookout!
- Hamburgers and hotdogs
- Desert- think light and fruity
- Plenty more food ideas on our Pinterest page!
What’s a celebration without drinks? Don’t resist that fun and fruity cocktail, you deserve it!
- Red White and Blue Sangria
- Watermelon Blueberry Coconut Frozen Margarita
- Red, White, and Blue Daiquiris
- Get the recipe for these tasty treats here!
July 4th should be spent outside! Have a few outdoor games to entertain your guests while they mingle.
- Corn hole
- Cool off with Water balloon dodgeball
Background music is a must. Know your guest list and set the mood.
- Try out Pandora or Spotify’s summer playlists! They offer a great selection for almost every genre.
- Be sure to crank up your favorite version of “Proud to be an American” before the day is over!
Don’t forget about Fireworks!
Celebrate the end of a fabulous day by walking to the nearest park to watch fireworks, setting off sparklers in the yard, or enjoying the Macy’s televised celebration in New York City from the comfort of your living room!
For more ideas for the perfect July 4th party check out our Pinterest board!