Need help staying on track with your holiday party planning? Check out our team’s tips:
1. Decide on your color scheme and develop a big picture for the season – this will help shape all your creative decisions along the way. Keep one theme that starts at the front door and thread that style from the wreath to the mantle piece, and serving trays.
2. Good lighting is a must. There’s no such thing as too many candles!
3. The artificial trees of today look so real, and you can reuse them next year. If you miss the scent, you can get fragrant candles that smell like pine. Add fresh flowers on a tree: place roses in test tubes and nestle them in the branches.
4. Serve a signature cocktail. Set up a drink station with glasses and a beverage dispenser so guests can serve themselves.
5. Don’t make it all about Santa. A good playlist should have 20 percent holiday songs.
6. Be resourceful. It’s not humanly possible to do it all. The key is to start preparing everything the week before and having everything set up the night before. That way, the day of the party, all you have to do is put out the food and drinks, and you’ll still have time to clean up and put on your party outfit.
7. Assemble a colorful guest list. After all a good party is only as good as it’s guests!