What is Valentine’s Day without a few surprises for the ones you love? It’s the perfect holiday to throw a party for friends and those who have touched your heart. Since we love throwing parties, and we love any holiday revolved around LOVE, we couldn’t let Valentine’s Day go by without sharing some festive ideas to make your party shine!
Tips for a Great Party
- Party size is everything. To show your appreciation for those who are special to you, have a party that is comfortable for them. For Valentine’s Day, a smaller, more intimate gathering feels more relaxed than a larger party would be.
- Enhance the festive occasion with some simple table decorations. You can get some great ideas in the pictures below. Decorations do not have to be expensive and can be DIY ahead of time on a small budget.
- Chocolate is always a good idea at parties and for Valentine’s Day it is a must! Candy, cake, brownies, chocolate cocktails – however you want to serve it! Use your creativity to organize a memorable experience with this popular sweet treat.
- Strawberries are great for Valentine’s Day and can be served with a whipped cream dip or on skewers for a fun look.
- Host a Secret Valentine project! Use the same rules as a Secret Santa at Christmas-time.
- Scented candles are a lovely party favor for your guests. You can wrap the midsection in twine or yarn. Choose a pretty heart applique or cut out a heart from craft foam to glue to the middle of the yarn. Then attach a tag and write “You hold the strings to my heart!”.
Now that we have the party planned for friends, what do you give your date for Valentine’s Day? We thought of a few ideas that might help you get the ball rolling!
Great Gift Ideas for Him
- Fill a cellophane bag full of chocolate candies and put a toy plastic shovel through the top with a tag that reads “I Dig You!”
- Choose a five senses gift like the boxes shown below. Fill each with a gift for him using one of the five senses. Smell: could be a bottle of cologne, Taste: can be one of his favorite treats, Touch: (use your imagination!), Hear: maybe an iTunes gift card or tickets to see live music, Sight: try tickets to his favorite sporting event.
- A Year of Dates in a Box: Think of 12 fun activities that you would enjoy together. Write them down and wrap them individually so he can pull one out each month.
Great Gift Ideas for Her
- Turn to post it notes for you inspiration by writing 50 things you love about her and organizing them in the shape of a heart on the bathroom mirror where she’ll be sure to see them. This one with a night out on the town is sure to make her heart melt!
- Women need to know that you spent some time and thought into their gift. They want to feel loved and cherished. Use you ingenuity and what you know about her to your advantage. Take her somewhere intimate. Make her feel like she has your undivided attention for the night and that you want to do nothing else but be with her. That and a box of chocolate will make her night memorable!
- Thinking about proposing? Go the extra mile with this one and think of something creative. Make it a memory that she will cherish for the rest of her life! She’ll want to show that ring off to everyone so don’t forget to include a gift certificate to her favorite spa for a manicure!
Valentine’s Day is a day for thinking about your loved ones. It’s about showing your appreciation that they’re a part of your life. Whether you choose to show your love through a party for friends and family or just to the one that holds the most cherished place in your heart, make the most of this Valentine’s Day. Don’t let it go by without showing your love and most importantly, opening your heart!
Don’t forget to check out our Pinterest board for more ideas!